Wind warning in effect for:
- M.D. of Foothills near Cayley
- M.D. of Foothills near High River and Aldersyde
- M.D. of Foothills near Longview and Eden Valley Res.
- M.D. of Foothills near Okotoks and De Winton
- M.D. of Foothills near Priddis and Brown-Lowery Prov. Park
- M.D. of Foothills near Turner Valley and Black Diamond
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Claresholm and Stavely
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Nanton and Parkland
- Rocky View Co. near Bragg Creek and Tsuu T’ina Res.
Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring.
A strong westerly flow aloft with a series of embedded disturbances will create conditions favourable for severe wind gusts in portions of southwestern Alberta this afternoon. Wind gusts are expected to reach or exceed 100 km/h.
Winds will calm this evening however current guidance is indicating that there is potential for another round of very strong wind gusts on Tuesday afternoon.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. Loose objects may be tossed by the wind and cause injury or damage. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds. Avoid wooded areas to prevent injury from falling trees or branches. Campers should move to sturdy shelters.
Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please monitor local media or Weatheradio. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #ABStorm.
Souce Environment Canada