Airline adds Calgary/Montego Bay and more flights from YYC
CALGARY/CNW/ – WestJet, the airline offering more flights to more destinations from Calgary than any other, will offer guests a new route to escape the cold this winter when the airline starts twice-weekly, non-stop service between Calgary International Airport (YYC) and Sangster International Airport (MBJ) in Montego Bay, Jamaica. The service begins November 3, 2018.
The new route is part of WestJet’s seasonal schedule for winter 2018/2019, which includes more flights from Calgary to domestic, transborder, international and sun destinations including Maui, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Orlando, Huatulco, Puerto Vallarta and Belize, among others.
“Flying from YYC Calgary International Airport on WestJet can now get you to the sun in Montego Bay along with 63 other non-stop destinations, more than any other airline out of Calgary,” said Tim Croyle, WestJet Interim Executive Vice-President, Commercial. “We know that Calgarians are always eager to escape the unpredictable and long winters and we are confident that this service will be extremely popular. We continue growing our Calgary, Vancouver and Torontohubs to ensure the best travel experience for Canadians while laying the foundation for the entry of our Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners from these hubs to the world.”
“WestJet’s new non-stop service to Montego Bay is another great travel option for Albertans looking to escape the cold to Jamaica’s most lively city and popular sun destination,” said Bob Sartor, President and CEO for The Calgary Airport Authority. “We’re also extremely pleased with our partner airline’s continued growth and investment into YYC as its hub airport, with 142 daily flights out of Calgary during the winter peak.”
“MBJ welcomes WestJet’s twice-weekly service from Calgary, Canada,” said Rafael Echevarne, CEO, MBJ Airports Limited. “We congratulate WestJet in expanding their service to Montego Bay from other parts of Canada. We look forward to this service and additional passengers from Canada. Welcome to Montego Bay and Jamaica.”
Calgary – Montego Bay
Nov. 3, 2018*
Montego Bay – Calgary
Nov. 3, 2018*
*Once weekly effective November 3, 2018 moving to twice weekly, January 6, 2019.
WestJet will also increase service on the following routes from Calgary:
- Calgary–Nanaimo, from two times daily to three times daily or 21 weekly flights.
- Calgary–Kamloops, from two times daily to three times daily or 21 weekly flights.
- Calgary–Kelowna, from seven times daily to nine times daily each business day, or 59 weekly flights – more than any other carrier.
- Calgary–Fort St. John will double service from once daily to twice daily.
- Calgary-Grand Prairie, from four times daily to five times daily each business day.
- Calgary–Yellowknife will double service from once daily to twice daily.
- Calgary-Regina, from six daily flights to seven daily flights or 49 weekly.
- Calgary–Saskatoon, from six daily flights to eight daily flights each business day.
- Calgary–Maui, from four weekly flights to seven weekly flights.
- Calgary–Phoenix, from 20 to 21 times weekly or three times daily.
- Calgary–Las Vegas, from 19 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary–Orlando, from five to seven times weekly.
- Calgary–Cancun, from 16 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary–Cabo San Lucas, from eight weekly flights to 10 weekly flights.
- Calgary–Huatulco, from two weekly flights to three weekly flights.
- Calgary–Mazatlan, from three weekly to four weekly.
- Calgary–Puerto Vallarta, from 14 to 19 times weekly.
- Calgary–Ixtapa/Zihuantanejo, from four weekly to five times weekly.
- Calgary–Belize, from one to two times weekly.
- Calgary–Nashville seasonal route ending will now be November 26, 2018 and will resume on March 1, 2019.
- Extension of existing summer service on WestJet Link through the winter between Calgary and Cranbrook, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Lloydminster and Prince George.
Other highlights of WestJet’s 2018/2019 winter schedule include:
- New non-stop weekly service between Saskatoon and Orlando.
- An additional daily flight from Vancouver to Nanaimo.
- An increase of one daily flight from Edmonton to Kelowna for a total of seven flights a day each business day.
- Edmonton–Los Angeles, from six weekly flights to seven weekly flights.
- Edmonton–Orlando from once weekly to twice weekly.
- Edmonton–Cabo San Lucas from once weekly to twice weekly.
- Toronto–Las Vegas, from 14 weekly flights to 15 weekly.
- Toronto–Fort Lauderdale from 12 weekly flights to 16 weekly.
- Toronto–Orlando, from 15 weekly to 18 times weekly.
- Toronto–Tampa, from seven weekly to eight times weekly.
- Toronto–Kingston, Jamaica, from two to three times weekly.
- Toronto–Grand Cayman, from two weekly flight to three times weekly.
- Toronto–Nassau, from nine weekly flights to 12 weekly flights.
- Toronto-Turks and Caicos, from two weekly flights to four times weekly.
- Toronto–San Juan, from one weekly flight to two times weekly.
- Toronto–St. Maarten will operate four times weekly.
- Toronto–London (ON), from 14 weekly flights to 21 weekly flights or three times daily.
This winter, WestJet will operate an average of 701 daily flights to 96 destinations including 39 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 34 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and one in Europe.
For more information on new routes and increased frequencies in WestJet’s 2018/2019 winter schedule, please visit westjet.com/flight-schedules-new.
Together with WestJet’s regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships. WestJet Vacations offers affordable, flexible vacations to more than 60 destinations and the choice of more than 800 hotels, resorts, condos and villas. Members of the WestJet Rewards program earn WestJet dollars on flights, vacation packages and more. Members use WestJet dollars towards the purchase of flights and vacations packages to any WestJet destination with no blackout periods, and have access to Member Exclusive fares offering deals to WestJet destinations throughout our network and those of our partner airlines.
WestJet is proud to be recognized as Best Airline in Canada and Travellers’ Choice winner – North America for 2017 and 2018 in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for Airlines. The airline was also named the Travellers’ Choice Winner – Economy, North America, 2018. All awards are based on authentic reviews from the travelling public on TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site. We are one of very few airlines globally that does not commercially overbook.
Recent recognition includes:
2018 North America’s Best Low-Cost Airline (Skytrax)
2018/2017 Best Airline in Canada and Travellers’ Choice Winner Mid-Sized and Low Cost Airlines – North America(TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for Airlines)
2018 Travellers’ Choice Winner – Economy, North America (TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for Airlines)
2018/2017/2016 Canada’s Most Trusted Airline (Gustavson School of Business at the University of Victoria)
2016 Canada’s most reputable company for Corporate Social Responsibility (Reputation Institute)
2016/2015/2014/2013/2012 Ranked top three for Canadian Brands (Canadian Business Magazine)
2016/2015/2014/2013 WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard ranked #1 in Canada (MoneySense magazine)
Connect with WestJet on Facebook at facebook.com/westjet
Follow WestJet on Twitter at twitter.com/westjet
Subscribe to WestJet on YouTube at youtube.com/westjet
Follow WestJet on Instagram instagram.com/westjet
Read the WestJet blog at blog.westjet.com
SOURCE WESTJET, an Alberta Partnership