Volunteers are needed for this year’s Family New Year’s Eve Party.
The Town of Turner Valley is seeking volunteers to help with volunteer registration, greet party goers, serve food and beverages to the event attendees, assist at the children’s face painting and cookie decorating stations and ensure everyone’s safety in the parking lot and horse-drawn wagon ride loading area.
“Volunteers are invaluable to the community,” said Community Events Coordinator, Hazel Martin, “events like this just wouldn’t be possible without the commitment and dedication of our residents, businesses and service agencies that lend volunteer hours throughout the year.”
Prospective volunteers may contact Hazel Martin to indicate their interest in participating in specific event positions. Volunteers are asked to commit to a 2-hour shift between 4:30pm and 8:30pm on December 31 at the Flare n’ Derrick Community Hall. All volunteers will be treated to a light meal at the orientation which starts at 4:30pm.
The free activities begin at 5:00pm on Saturday, December 31 and draw more than 350 visitors each year. Fireworks conclude the evening at 8:00pm letting even the youngest members of the family enjoy the show and welcome 2017.
DATE: Saturday, December 31
TIME: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
PLACE: Turner Valley – Main Street
Flare ‘n Derrick Community Hall,
Outdoor Skating Rink,
and Millennium Park
Volunteers are needed for 2 shifts at either 4:30pm – 6:30pm or 6:30pm – 8:30pm in the following areas:
- Volunteer Registration: Reports to Event Coordinator and assists in managing volunteers and designating floater tasks throughout the evening.
- Greeter: Welcomes guests to the event and provides them with general event information and direction to the various activities.
- Food and Beverage Server: Assists with the preparation and serving of hot dogs, popcorn and hot / cold drinks to guests at the event.
- Face Painting and Balloon Artists Station Attendant: Supervises children in the face painting and balloon artist area.
- Cookie Decorating Station Attendant: Supervises and assists children decorating cookies.
- Floater: Assists with a variety of activities throughout the evening, helping other volunteers as necessary.
- Hay Wagon Rides Attendant: Assists with loading / unloading passengers in the hay wagon ride area.
If you or your organization would like to help make this another great community event, please contact Hazel Martin by phone at 403.933.4944 or email at email@example.com and indicate your preferred volunteer role and time.
All volunteers will be treated to a light meal prior to the festivities.