By Fabiana Giovanetti for Greener Ideal
This black bean concoction over grains is a great one to throw into a Mason jar and take to work. It’s great either warm or hot, and it can be topped up with corn and kale if looking for a more filling option.
Also, make sure to read our infographic this week about reducing your environmental footprint by going vegan.
Vegan, Black Bean Burrito Bowl
Yield: 2 Servings
Calories per serving: 375
Fat per serving: 13g
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 avocado, peeled and cubed
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup quinoa, cooke
1 sweet red pepper
sea salt + black pepper
5 plum tomatoes
handful of cilantro, chopped
chilli flakes, to taste
- Pre-heat a grill (or grill pan) over medium high heat. Add the black beans and red pepper. Drizzle the olive oil and squeeze the juice of one lime over the top.
- Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the quinoa into two serving bowls or sealable food containers.
- Add the bean mixture over the top. I like to turn it into a composition, so I’d cut the avocado and slice it, then add halved tomatoes as well to the bowl.
- Add either chilli flakes, cilantro or both to the bowl as garnish.
Source Greener Ideal