In response to the Alberta Government’s relaunch strategy, the first stage of the Town of Okotoks’ relaunch plan for public amenities begins Victoria Day long weekend.
Stage one includes re-opening the following amenities and facilities, with health and safety measures in place, as well as continued adherence to physical distance rules:
- Skateboard park: re-opening on May 16, 2020 with physical distancing protocols in place.
- Sport courts (Wilson and Tower Hill Courts): re-opening the week of May 25, 2020, once maintenance and resurfacing of Wilson Courts is complete. Non-league singles tennis with conditions or pickleball will be permitted. Non-league doubles with members outside the same household are not allowed.
- Municipal Centre: re-opening on June 15, 2020. Until this time, service continues to be offered via phone, email and online.
- Okotoks Art Gallery: re-opening on June 16, 2020 with physical distancing protocols in place.
- Okotoks Museum and Archives: re-opening on June 16, 2020 with physical distancing protocols in place.
- BMX track: the BMX Bike Club is anticipating opening on July 2, 2020.
Parks, natural areas, pathways and the off-leash dog park continue to be open with physical distancing. All playing fields and diamonds are closed for any organized team games or activities; however, they are open for non-organized, passive use only, with appropriate physical distancing and sharing of equipment only with members of the same household.
Parks and Outdoor Recreation Locations
|Off-leash Dog Park||OPEN with restrictions||Open with physical distancing.|
|Community Garden||OPEN||Open as of May 1 2020.|
|Park spaces, natural areas and pathways||OPEN||Open with physical distancing.|
|Okotoks Skate Park||OPENING May 16||Re-opening with restrictions and physical distancing protocols in place.|
|Public Playground structures and outdoor fitness equipment||CLOSED||We encourage residents to use parks and open spaces while maintaining social distancing. Learn more|
|Ball Diamonds and Playing Fields||CLOSED||Closed for any league play, organized team games or activities.|
Permitted use: Non-organized, passive use only, with appropriate physical distancing.
|Outdoor Sport Courts||OPENING week of May 25||Non-league singles tennis with conditions or pickleball will be permitted. Non-league doubles with members outside the same household is not allowed.|
|BMX Track||CLOSED||Anticipated opening of July 2, 2020|
|Outdoor Park Washrooms/Toilets||CLOSED|
|Water Spray Park||CLOSED||Not expected to open this summer.|
|Okotoks Eco Centre||OPEN||Regular hours|
|Southridge Emergency Services/RCMP||RESTRICTED ACCESS||Call 403-995-6400 to speak directly with an RCMP employee.|
|Municipal Centre||CLOSED||Re-opening June 15, 2020 with restrictions. Until this time, service continues to be offered via phone, email and online. Hours and contact information|
|Okotoks Family Resource Centre||CLOSED||Service available via phone, email and online. Hours and contact information|
(Okotoks Recreation Centre and Pason Centennial Arenas)
|Okotoks Art Gallery||CLOSED||Re-opening on June 16, 2020 with physical distancing protocols and new safety measures in place. NOTE: All programs and rentals are cancelled|
|Okotoks Museum||CLOSED||Re-opening on June 16, 2020 with physical distancing protocols and new safety measures in place.NOTE: All programs and rentals are cancelled|
|Rotary Performing Arts Centre||CLOSED||NOTE: All events and rentals are cancelled|
|Okotoks Public Library||CLOSED||okotokslibrary.ca|
|Crescent Point Field House||CLOSED||cpregionalfieldhouse.com|
|Duvernay Field House (Dawgs Stadium)||CLOSED|
|Fire Stations||CLOSED||No general public access|