On Wednesday, October 14, the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta will invest the newest members of the Alberta Order of Excellence.
NOTE TO ASSIGNMENT EDITORS – All media are welcome to attend. The 60-minute ceremony begins at 4 p.m. on October 14 at Government House, located at 12845 – 102 Avenue, Edmonton. Media may also arrange for one-on-ones with new members at Government House on the day (3:15 – 3:45 p.m. and again at 5 p.m.).
The Albertans being invested into the Order for 2015 are:
- David Bissett (Calgary) – Canadian business leader and philanthropist in post-secondary education, wildlife and land preservation and community programs
- Jack Donald (Red Deer) – Respected entrepreneur, elected official and longstanding leader in many Central Alberta community initiatives
- Janice Eisenhauer (Calgary) – Dedicated advocate for strengthened education and human rights for women through Canadian Women for Women in Afghanistan
- Dennis Erker (Edmonton) – Successful businessman and community leader for a wide range of programs and initiatives, including Edmonton’s Valour Place
- Fil Fraser (Edmonton) – Pioneering Canadian broadcaster, journalist, writer, film and television producer, educator and tireless advocate for social justice
- Stan Grad (Airdrie) – Prominent member of the energy and cattle industries and dedicated philanthropist to many Alberta institutions including SAIT and STARS
- Jacob Masliyah (Edmonton) – Internationally recognized researcher, scholar, mentor and educator in engineering and oil recovery methods
- Frits Pannekoek (Calgary) – Celebrated historian and leader in the development of heritage preservation and open and accessible learning
The ceremony was streamed live at www.lieutenantgovernor.ab.ca/
The Alberta Order of Excellence is the highest honour the province can offer its citizens. Since the Order was created in 1979, 149 Albertans have been invested including this year’s new members.