The annual TD I ThinkFirst! Contest encourages students in grades K-8 from across Canada to submit creative art projects, explaining in their own words why and how they “ThinkFirst!” to prevent injury when they are active at play, school or at home. With the ongoing support of TD Bank Group, the top 3 individual submissions were awarded with a helmet and a $100 gift card to a sporting goods store. The 1st place winner also received classroom set of helmets. Congratulations to all!
I ThinkFirst! Contest Judging Panel
Gerard Dinneen, TD Bank
Louise Logan, Parachute President & CEO
Dr. Richard Louis, New Brunswick Trauma Program
Shayna Jaymie, Parent & Mommy Blogger
I ThinkFirst! Contest Winners Named
Congratulations to the following top 3 classrooms for their creative video, and bright and colourful drawings.
Top 3 Classrooms
- Madame Chloé Hinch, l’école élémentaire catholique du Bon-Berger, Junior and Senior Kindergarten Class, Toronto, ON
- Mrs. Hickey, Grade 3 Class, St. Johns, NL
- Ms. O’Driscolls, Kindergarten Class, St. Johns, NL
And congratulations to the following 3 individuals for their creative submissions including drawings, short stories.
Top 3 Individual Submissions
- Caitlyn Eld, Grade 6, Gordon Graydon Senior Public School, Brampton, ON
- Priya Patel, Grade 3, Kingswood Public School, Brampton, ON
- Luke Berry, Grade 1, Agnes Taylor Public School, Brampton, ON
The following submissions were also highly rated among the judges for their creativity and uniqueness, and deserve an honourable mention.
Honourable Mentions – Individual Submissions
Lia Eichvald, Grade 2, Sparks Group, Toronto, ON
Harper Bracken, Grade 1, Sparks Group, Toronto, ON
Honourable Mentions – Classroom Submissions
Lisa Jemison, Sparks Group Leader, Toronto, ON