Red Deer, Alberta – A Red Deer man faces 55 Criminal Code charges after the Priority Crimes Task Force executed two separate search warrants on Red Deer properties in late January, seizing numerous firearms and stolen recreational vehicles. A Red Deer woman also faces several charges.
40 year old Riley James Mittelstadt has been charged with:
- Criminal Code 355(a) – Possession of stolen property over $5,000 X 5
- Criminal Code 355(b) – Possession of stolen property under $5,000 X 7
- Criminal Code 96 – Possession of stolen weapon
- Criminal Code 95 – Possession of restricted firearm and ammunition X 2
- Criminal Code 86(1) – Careless use of firearm X 18
- Criminal Code 91(1) – Unauthorized possession of prohibited weapon X 17
- Criminal Code 341 – Fraudulent concealment X 5
35 year old Sheri-Lynn Kathleen Koch has been charged with:
- Criminal Code 355(a) – Possession of stolen property over $5,000
- Criminal Code 341 – Fraudulent concealment
Mittelstadt and Koch will appear in Alberta Provincial Court in Red Deer on April 5 at 8:30am.
30 year old Robert Allan Brown of Blackfalds was charged by RCMP in February in relation to these investigations.
The Priority Crimes Task Force is made up of members from Red Deer RCMP General Investigative Section (GIS), Sylvan Lake, Innisfail and Blackfalds RCMP detachments. The task force is committed to increased inter-agency communication, shared criminal intelligence and a strategic focus on prolific property crimes offenders, in keeping with the K Division emphasis on crime reduction strategies.