The governments of Canada and Alberta are helping Jacek Chocolate Couture expand production and reduce environmental impact through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
Jacek Chocolate Couture is an award-winning company based in Sherwood Park that creates artisan and craft chocolate. Jacek will use the funding to upgrade its operations, increase exports and create new jobs under the partnership’s Value Added Products Markets program.
“This is a wonderful win-win project that will boost production while reducing the impact on our environment. Our government is always pleased to support small, environmentally-minded businesses like Jacek Chocolate Couture as they find new ways to succeed and grow.”Marie-Claude Bibeau, federal Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food
“Small businesses are critical to Alberta’s economic growth. Our government is supporting local businesses by helping them reach the global market and remain competitive. We appreciate the confidence and investment by Jacek to produce world-renowned products here in Alberta.”Devin Dreeshen, Minister of Agriculture and Forestry
“We are very grateful for the support of the local, provincial and federal government over the last 10 years. This support has allowed us to not only grow our business, but it has helped us improve our systems to ensure food safety, access new markets and most recently advance our environmental stewardship goals.”Jacqueline Jacek, founder/cocoanista, Jacek Chocolate Couture
The funding supported the purchase and installation of a new flow-wrapper machine using compostable film. The innovation will allow the company to bring its operations to a new level while furthering its environmental goals.
- Jacek Chocolate Couture will receive funding up to $116,238 under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
- The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a five-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments, with the aim of strengthening the agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sector, ensuring continued innovation, growth and prosperity.
- Programs and activities are focused on:
- Growing trade and expanding markets
- Innovative and sustainable growth of the sector
- Supporting diversity and a dynamic, evolving sector
- In Alberta, the partnership has committed a federal-provincial investment of $406 million over five years towards strategic programs and services that are aligned to national objectives and tailored to priorities in Alberta.