To begin the 2014 Fall Class season, the Sheep Creek Arts Council members invite new and returning members to join us for a membership appreciation and registration day on Saturday, September 13th from 10am to 1pm. This will provide an opportunity for all to visit our classroom facilities at 133 Sunset Blvd., West in Turner Valley, meet some of the Council as well as some of the instructors and see samples of the projects to be offered between September and December. There are several clubs that are well established on an ongoing basis: Decorative Painting with Evelyn Richmond meets on Monday afternoon and Thursday evenings; Knitting Club meets on Tuesday afternoons; Scrapbook Club continues evenings on the first and third Tuesdays of the month; the Camera Club meets the last Tuesday evening of each month; the Diamond Valley Quilt Club meets the first, third and fifth Wednesdays from 10:30am to 3:30pm so bring a lunch.
The Sheep Creek Arts Council will be offering several opportunities to learn new techniques: copics, alcohol-based markers in scrapbooking or cardmaking; cake decorating; piecing 9 inch blocks in a unique way to quilt; a Craftstravaganza featuring a variety of crafts. These classes will be offered at various costs in four to six sessions, mostly in the evenings. One day workshops on Saturdays will be offered as follows:
- Red Cross Pet First Aid – October 4th, 9:30am to 3pm with instructor Shay Ford, cost $110
- Painting with Doug Swinton – October 25th, 10am to 4pm, cost $45
- Temari: Japanese Thread Balls – November 1st, 9:30am to 3:30pm with instructor Sheila Virgo, cost $25 plus $15 for supplies
- Painted Fabric Angel – November 8th, 9am to 4pm with instructor Evelyn Richmond, cost $35 plus $20 for supplies
- “20 Corners Table Quilt” – November 15th, 9am to 3pm with instructor Joyce Brown, cost $35
- “Wild Rose Art Quilt” – November 22nd, 9am to 3pm with instructor Joyce Brown, cost $35 plus kit fee of $25
- Christmas Card making – November 22nd, 10am to 4pm with instructor Shawna Chase, cost $25 plus supplies (bring a lunch)
- “Loosening Up Your Painting – November 29th, 10am to 4pm with instructor Donna MacDonald, cost $70
- Christmas Card making (with 12 different cards) – December 6th, 10am to 4pm (bring an item for a potluck lunch) with instructor Deborah Baldock, cost $25
On Saturday, September 13th from 10am to 1pm we invite all interested to join us for class registration, coffee and goodies and free draws. Please drop in just to visit at 133 Sunset Blvd in Turner Valley. For further information, call Evelyn Richmond at 403-933-3947. The Foothills Continuing Education Course & Program Guide also gives more information or visit our website. The membership to Sheep Creek Arts Council is $10/year and we welcome anyone to join us in learning.