The Calgary Police Service is seeking public assistance to identify a man connected to a recent sexual assault.
At approximately 1 p.m., on Saturday, July 12, 2014, a woman was walking in the north end of the Queens Park Cemetery by a creek when she was grabbed from behind by a nude male and pushed to the ground. Once on the ground, the man forced himself on her telling her to take off her clothes. The woman fought back causing the man to get up and walk towards the trees.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or has any information including the identity of the man is asked to call police at 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers anonymously using any of the following methods:
TEXT: tttTIPS to 274637
Police are offering the following safety tips to all Calgarians to protect themselves:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Try to stay in well-lit, well-populated areas whenever possible.
- Minimize using distracting technology like music players and cell phone.
- Make sure whenever possible others are aware of your route and your expected arrival time.
- Develop a safety plan: let someone you trust know where you are going, and when to expect you back.
- If you are suspicious of someone, trust your instincts. Do not engage in any conversation and proceed to the nearest safe or public place and report the incident immediately. Scream or use a personal emergency alarm to attract attention.
- If you see anything suspicious, call police at 403-266-1234 or call 911 to report a crime in progress.