The remarkably fast and responsive NX1 challenges the status quo, inspiring photographers to capture the world around them like never before.
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Dec. 18, 2014 /CNW/ – Samsung Canada, a leading supplier of professional-grade cameras to the Canadian market, today launched its newest addition to its digital imaging line up, the NX1, to the Canadian market. This professionally inspired camera combines cutting edge design with industry leading Samsung camera innovation, and offers an unrivaled photography experience, setting the new benchmark on what to expect from compact system cameras (CSC).
“The NX1 redefines what is possible for image and video capture in the Canadian market,” said Paul Brannen, Executive Vice President, Mobile Solutions, Samsung Canada. “Thanks to the innovation and user-first design of the NX1, we are helping photographers reimagine the level of quality and expertise possible with every shot.”
Designed for photographers looking to capture the moments that inspire, the NX1 puts the user at the forefront with an interface that allows them to focus on capturing the perfect shot with confidence. Supporting the intelligent user interface is Samsung’s innovation legacy, which boasts a versatile performance and attention to detail that will encourage photographers to rethink their perspectives on what a camera can – and should – do.
To celebrate this global launch, Samsung teamed up with actor and filmmaker, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who created the short film, “In a City” to demonstrate the beautiful content that this new camera can capture. Shot entirely on the NX1 the film leveraged filmmakers from different parts of the globe under Gordon-Levitt’s direction to show the endless possibilities of Samsung’s latest camera.
As an added bonus, fans can also go behind-the-scenes with Gordon-Levitt for a deeper understanding of what makes the NX1 a photographer or filmmaker’s dream. Providing additional context into how “In a City” came together, from conceptualization to final cut, fans can see the NX1 in action by following this link:
Ushering in a new era for photography in Canada:
Features that help the NX1 stand out from the crowd and establish a new benchmark for photography in Canada include:
- A professional state of mind: The NX1 utilizes a highly durable magnesium alloy body with a solid, rugged feel that high-end photographers are accustomed to. It is dust and splash resistant, comfortable and easy to operate thanks to its ergonomic design and attention to detail.
- Bringing photos to life like never before: From composition to capture, the NX1 was created to bring the moments that inspire photographers to life in true clarity. The Electronic Viewfinder features an XGA OLED display with 2.36-million dots, while the 3.0-inch FVGA Super AMOLED Display with touch capabilities breaks boundaries as the only CSC to feature a top LCD panel.
- ‘Picture Perfect’ in any light: Bolstered by Samsung’s newly designed 28MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, which features an innovative Back Side Illumination structure with micro lens array, the NX1 effectively diminishes even the most subtle of noise and ensures jaw-dropping results even in low-light conditions.
- Unrivaled Speed and Accuracy: The DRIMe V image processor utilised by the NX1 is powerful and fast, with world-class AF speed (0.055 sec). Additionally, its industry leading 15FPS continuous shooting allows users to seamlessly track and shoot entire action sequences without sacrificing image quality.
- Travel lighter: With no external equipment required, filmmakers can bring their inspirations to life in vivid quality thanks to onboard 4K UHD Video Recording support.
The Samsung NX1 is available for purchase at major Canadian retailers, including Henry’s, Lozeau, The Camera Store and Vistek. Suggested MSRP is $2,999.99.
Consumers can also purchase the NX1 through special order at Broadway Camera, London Drugs and Zone 5 Photo.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere through innovation, stylish design and premium experiences. Through relentless innovation and discovery, Samsung is transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the technology industry. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #8 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands while the Canadian arm was named as one of Strategy Magazine’s 2013 Brands of the Year and Marketing Magazine’s 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada. Globally, Samsung employs 286000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion.
To discover more, please visit http://www.samsung.com/ca.
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada