We’re Hiring – Join the RCMP!
Aboriginal Career Presentation
(Siksika First Nation, Alberta – July 8, 2015) – Learn how you can put ordinary behind you at a special recruiting presentation for Aboriginal people interested in a career like no other.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) offers an exceptional career, letting you make a real difference in your community and your country. No other police force in Canada provides the levels of services and variety offered by the RCMP, as well as opportunities for continued learning and growth.
Currently, 8.1% of RCMP officers self-identified as Aboriginal. The RCMP is committed to increasing the ranks of Aboriginal officers to 10% to better represent the communities we serve across the country.
During the Aboriginal Career Presentation, you will learn about some of the more than 150 different types of policing opportunities within the RCMP and hear from Aboriginal police officers who’ve donned the RCMP uniform. A recruiting officer will also outline the recruiting process step-by-step, provide advice and answer questions.
The presentation is on:
Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Siksika Health Services Building – Highway 547
Siksika First Nation, Alberta
As an RCMP police officer, you will help ensure public safety and security, investigate crimes and enforce the law. New recruits of the RCMP start their career in general duty policing at the detachment level. This role provides you with an opportunity to experience a broad range of meaningful and challenging assignments, and gives you a solid foundation for any specialization you may choose to pursue down the line.
To apply to the RCMP you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen;
- Be 19 years of age at the time of engagement;
- Be proficient in English and/or French;
- Possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s licence;
- Possess a Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent;
- Meet the health and psychological standards;
- Meet the vision standards;
- Meet the hearing standards;
- Meet the necessary level of physical abilities;
- Be prepared to carry a firearm and to use it or any other necessary physical force;
- Be willing to spend six (6) months at the RCMP Academy (Depot) in Regina, Saskatchewan;
- Be willing to relocate anywhere within Canada;
- Be willing to work shift work, including weekends and holidays;
- Be free of any improper use of prescription or illegal drugs;
- Be aware of expectations with regards to tattoos and piercings; and
- Be of good character.
The RCMP is looking for people who are responsible, respectful, professional, compassionate, honest and who have integrity. Once training is successfully completed, a new officer will be posted to one of our 750 detachments across the country.
For more information on a career with the RCMP and qualifications and requirements, visit our website at www.rcmpcareers.ca or contact your local recruiting office.