Three Hills, Alberta – The RCMP and the Calgary Police Service are seeking the public’s assistance in locating 31-year-old, Bradly BarryKowalczyk. Kowalczyk is wanted on numerous Alberta arrest warrants for Calgary, Three Hills, Chestermere, Crowsnest Pass, Viking, St. Paul and Olds areas for charges relating to Fraud over $5000.00, Fraud under $5000.00 and breaching conditions of his release. Kowalczyk is also wanted for similar charges from Weyburn, Saskatchewan.
It is alleged that over the past year, Kowalczyk has been prolific in luring victims through online classified advertisements for high value items such as farm and industrial type equipment, taking deposits for these items and then not providing the advertised product.
The RCMP wish to warn the public to use caution when buying products using online classified ad websites and recommend the following best practices to help prevent you from being the victim of fraud:
1. When buying or selling it is recommended you meet with the other party in person, preferably in a public place.
2. Never send or wire money without first receiving the product you are seeking to purchase.
3. Make yourself aware of common scams. http://www.antifraudcentre- centreantifraude.ca
4. Do not give out personal and or banking information over the internet.
5. If something sounds too good to be true, it likely is.
If you think you have been the victim of an online fraud, report the matter to the security department of the associated website and also to your local police service.
It is believed that Kowalczyk is travelling with his 2012 Nissan Titan dark grey in colour and a 2009 Fleetwood travel trailer.
If you have any information related to the whereabouts of Kowalczyk or his vehicle, please call your local police service or Cst. Seth Adair directly at the Three Hills, Alberta RCMP Detachment @ 403-443-5539 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).