The Government of Alberta has extended the application deadline for the third call for applications to the Green Transit Incentives Program.
GreenTRIP applications will now be accepted until August 31, 2016 at the request of several municipalities interested in accessing the funds.
“GreenTRIP has supported many capital transit projects across the province. When municipalities asked for more time to apply for this third round of funding, I was happy to make it easier for them to access green transit funding.”
“We at the Calgary Regional Partnership appreciate the Province’s timely responsiveness to the needs of the municipalities and look forward to working on the GreenTRIP third-call ask to help achieve the regional transit vision.”
- A total of $415 million of the original $2-billion GreenTRIP commitment remains in the fund:
- $130 million for Calgary region municipalities, of their total allocation of $800 million; and
- $285 million for municipalities outside of the Calgary and capital regions from the total allocation of $400 million.
- Information about the program and funding applications are available on Alberta Transportation’s GreenTRIP website.
- Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2016.
- Approved projects will be announced in early 2017.
- The full $800 million for Capital region municipalities, which includes the City of Edmonton, has been allocated.
- A complete list of funded or approved GreenTRIP projects is available on the GreenTRIP website.