HIGH RIVER, AB: Town of High River Community Outreach Workers are looking to connect with any local businesses who may need assistance reviewing or appealing their Disaster Recovery Program (DRP) claims.
“We have made some great progress with many of the residential files we have looked at,” said Eleanor Macdonald, Senior Community Outreach Worker for the Town. “And we are now hoping to extend this to businesses that may also need assistance.”
The Community Outreach Team has recently expanded to include Shari Matetich, who will be working to advocate on behalf of businesses in town.
“We know that many small business owners have been so busy running their businesses that they haven’t had the time or energy to appeal or review their business DRP claims,” says Matetich. “We are hoping to connect with these people and make sure they received a fair claim and nothing was missed.”
The Community Outreach Workers can assist business owners with navigating the DRP process and continuing to move their files forward. Business owners should contact the Town:
- If you had a business DRP file and are not sure you received all applicable funding.
- If you’ve heard you can appeal your business DRP claim, but aren’t sure where to start.
- If your DRP file is closed and you want some assistance in reviewing it, or you want to understand what options and next steps are available to you.
- If you still have unpaid receipts to submit.
There are several upcoming opportunities to connect with the outreach workers and have your questions answered including:
- Attending the Business and Career Expo on Tuesday, May 26 from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Heritage Inn in High River.
- Registering for a free DRP review and appeal training session from 6-8 p.m. on May 28 or June 11. The sessions are held at the High River Renewal Office (in the Sprung Structure to the west of Co-op). For complete details call 403-603-3653.
For more information contact Shari Matetich, Business Community Outreach Worker for the Town, at 403-336-5806 or email@example.com.