At the December General Meeting of the Okotoks Branch #291 of the Royal Canadian Legion, the following members were elected as the Table Officers to lead the Branch in 2015:
President: Robert (Bob) McLeod, CD
1st VP: Don Gallaher, CD (Veterans’ Services)
2nd VP: Maureen Haberstock, CD (Poppy Campaign)
3rd VP: Marcelle Tremblay, CD
Secretary: Emma MacCormack
Treasurer: Larry Schielke
In addition, appointments to Executive Positions were made:
Chairman: Malcolm Hughes (Remembrance)
Service Officer: Don Gallaher
Sgt-at-Arms: John MacCormack, CD
These members along with some of the Committee Chairs (as per the Legion Ritual) will be installed at the General Meeting on Tuesday, January 13th 2015
Also confirmed were the following Committee Heads:
Membership: Stephanie Farrer
Ways and Means: Graham Kuntz
Other Committees will be formed and Chairs appointed in the New Year including Youth, Sports, Entertainment, Public Relations.
Regarding the By-Laws, we made a couple of amendments to those that were circulated to all members earlier.
1. Under Section 10.02 Meetings will be held on the Second Tuesday of each month except for July and August.
2. Under Section 5.04, We added a “Ways and Means” committee to the list of Permanent Committees.
3. Under Section 12.01, the month for the start of Nominations for election is November
4. Under Section 13.01, elections will be held in December
5. Under Section 14.0 the meeting is in December
These By-Laws will now be submitted to the AB/NWT Command for approval over the Signatures of the current President and Secretary.
The Okotoks Legion meets at the Elks Club on Elizabeth Street. You can email the Legion at firstname.lastname@example.org.