Volunteers are the Heart and Soul of the Food Bank
Last week was her birthday! HAPPY 90th JEAN! Naturally she spent the afternoon helping to prepare fresh fruit, vegetables, rice, oatmeal and cheese into appropriate portions for our clients.
Jean is a valuable and loyal volunteer and always willing to help others in any way she is able.
We love her.
Did You Know?
- Visits to the Food Bank have increased 50% in 2016 from visits in 2014 & 2015. We expect this trend to continue for some time.
- Each month we distribute between $6000-8000 worth of food to approximately 40-60 families.
- Each month we purchase about $2000 worth of food (mostly perishables or items that are in short supply) & the rest is pulled from inventory on our shelves which has been donated by the surrounding communities.
- Albertans are well known for their ability to pull together during difficult times. We are not funded by any government agencies. We thank you for your generosity, caring & support. It would not be possible without you.
the United Church in the Valley
125 Royal Ave., Turner Valley
(across from the elementary school)
Oilfields Food Bank
Box 1318, Turner Valley, AB T0L 2A0
Phone # and email address:
Cheques should be payable to Oilfields Food Bank
Tuesday afternoons 1-3 pm
We provide 7-10 days of food supplies on an emergency basis to people in need. Clients are asked to limit their use to not more than once a month & a maximum of 6 visits/year. Our goal is to work cooperatively with everyone to ensure individual needs are being met.
If you, or someone you know, needs help they should bring the following information with them:
- personal identification (such as a driver’s license)
- proof of income
- proof of housing costs
- ID for dependent children
We would be very appreciative if folks could provide their own reusable grocery bags.
Donations of non-food items would be greatly appreciated & will be distributed along with food.
Needed non-food items:
- laundry soap
- dish soap
- hand soap
- toilet paper
- peanut butter
- tinned luncheon meat
- tinned veggies (no corn please)
- pancake mix & syrup
- small & large jars of jam
- ground coffee
Drop off Locations:
In Turner Valley:
United Church in the Valley
Valley Neighbour’s Club
The Turner Valley Legion
The Fire Hall
Turner Valley Post Office – collection box for money donations only
The Fire Hall
Our sincere thanks, again this year, to Woodmaster Homes who are donating a Children’s Playhouse to be raffled at Discovery Days in early June. Proceeds from the sale of the tickets go directly to the Food Bank.
Tickets are $5 each. Contact Woodmaster Homes to purchase a ticket: 403-933-4828.