Energy Minister Sonya Savage will attend the quarterly meeting of The Energy Council in Anchorage, Alaska, Sept. 19-21.
The council is an organization of elected legislators from 13 energy-producing U.S. states and two Canadian provinces.
“The Energy Council is a vital opportunity for Alberta to foster important relationships with government officials. I am looking forward to representing Alberta, and advancing our shared energy goals.”Sonya Savage, Minister of Energy
Itinerary for Minister*
Wednesday, Sept. 18
- Delegation travels to Anchorage, Alaska
Thursday, Sept. 19
- Attend Energy Council’s Executive Committee and Centre for Legislative Energy and Environmental Research
- Meeting with state representatives and senators from North Dakota
Friday, Sept. 20
- Meeting with senior delegates from Texas
- Meeting with Alaska-Alberta energy project stakeholders
Saturday, Sept. 21
- Minister addresses delegates at The Energy Council Panel Breakfast
- Minister and Chief of Staff return to Alberta
Sunday, Sept. 22
- Remainder of delegation returns to Alberta
*Subject to change
The total cost of economy class airfare, meals and ground transportation for the Minister, Chief of Staff and one public servant is approximately $13,300.