The Foothills Country Hospice Board of Directors is revisiting the decision not to be a provisioning site for Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD) at the hospice. This Town Hall meeting will provide an opportunity for learning and conversations about MAiD.
Topics of Discussion
- How MAiD has evolved since legalization in Canada and in the Calgary Zone
- Some ethical implications of MAiD and Palliative Care
- Family experiences and their perspectives
- Concerns and key considerations
- Dr. Eric Wasylenko, Clinical Associate Professor, Division of Palliative Medicine, Department of Oncology, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary; Clinical Lecturer, John Dossetor Health Ethics Centre, University of Alberta
- Dr. Misty Watson, MAiD Medical Lead for Calgary Zone
- Lise Lalonde MAiD Navigator
- Family Representatives
Everyone Is Welcome to Attend
Heritage Point Golf Club
Saturday, May 4
9 AM – 12 PM
Please RSVP by May 1 by clicking here or by calling 403-995-4673 .