Saturday, Aug 22: 11am to 2:30pm
This year marks two very special anniversaries. Our Lancaster, FM159, is seventy years old and is the center of our August event. What better way to enjoy a visit to the museum than to share with us some “Lancaster” Birthday cake? We’ll be blowing out the candles on August 22nd. The second celebration this year will take place in September and marks the 10th anniversary of Canada’s original Bomber Command Memorial Wall. Throughout the season we want to take as many pictures as possible of people at the wall with the names of their relatives and friends. Here again we will be remembering the 10,659 brave young men who made the ultimate sacrifice in the fight for freedom.
Download the list of special presentations taking place on Saturday here.
For updates to our schedule check our website at www.bombercommandmuseum.ca or call at 403-646-2270.
Schedule of Events:
- Museum Open: 7-10pm / Lancaster Engine “Night-Run”: 9:30pm
- Lancaster Cockpit Tours + Photo Ops + Lunch Available on-site
- Book Launch: “FM159 –The Lucky Lancaster”
- 8:00-10:00 Lions Club Pancake Breakfast
- 10:15 “Memories from an Airman’s Kitbag” –A Musical Tribute
- 11:00 Lancaster Engine Run; Bristol Hercules Engine Run
- 11:45 Rear Gun Turret Demo –with a Special Musical Tribute
- 12:15 Fleet Fawn Engine Run
- 12:30 “The Malton Lancs” -The story of Canadian-built Bombers
- 1:30 Guest Speaker: Col. Terry Chester (Ret’d) Pres. RCAF Assoc.
- 2:30 Lancaster Engine Run & Taxi; Bristol Hercules Engine Run
Lancaster Merlin Engine Run-ups are immediately followed by Run-ups of our Bristol Hercules 14 Cylinder Radial engine, the type that powered some Lancasters, most Halifaxes and Wellingtons, and all Stirling Bombers. Check out this video
The Nanton Lancaster Society is a nonThe non—profit, volunteer society, registered with Revenue Canada as a charitable organiza-tion and is pleased to issue tax receipts for donations of funding or materials.
The Society is working toward restora-tion of Nanton’s Lancaster Bomber and de-velopment of the Air Museum with this historic aircraft as the centerpiece. The mu-seum honours all those associated with Bomber Command and commemorates the activities of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan.