The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) has a contest just for kids! The RCMP needs names for up to 12 foals born this spring at the RCMP breeding farm in Pakenham, Ontario. Individual winners and one school class will be selected from across Canada.
“This is a chance for kids to be a part of the Musical Ride’s history, by giving a name to one of our foals in 2018,” said Superintendent Mike Côté, Officer in Charge of the RCMP Musical Ride & Heritage Branch. “The school class entries are a great opportunity for students to work together and come up with a name. We look forward to meeting some of the winners during this year’s tour.”
To qualify, entries must meet the following criteria:
- names must begin with the letter “P”;
- an individual entry must include a child’s first name only, school, city, province or territory and a parent or guardian’s email address;
- school class entries must include the teacher’s name, school, city, province or territory and teacher’s email address;
- entrants must be 14 years old or younger;
- only one entry per child will be eligible;
- online entries must be received no later than April 30, 2018;
- mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than April 26 2018.
Winning names will be chosen by instructors of the RCMP Musical Ride Branch and announced in May, along with the names of the winners, on the RCMP website. Winners will also receive an RCMP prize pack.
Submit your entry at: www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/annual-name-the-foal-contest or by mail to:
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Musical Ride Branch
c/o RCMP Name the Foal Contest
PO Box 8900
Ottawa, ON K1G 3J2