Many of you have been reaching out to ask us about re-opening our facility, and yes, we are just as eager to open as you are to return to Kayben Farms! Here’s the answers to your three most common questions:
- When are you opening?
Last month was the most unusual April we have ever encountered. Instead of gearing up for a season, we completely put the brakes on, waiting to find out what the next few months would look like. When the premier made his April 30 announcement about Alberta’s relaunch strategy, we had a lot of question too; some of which have not yet been answered.
We know that even when do open this season, it will not be “business as usual”. Earlier this week, we presented the Government of Alberta and our industry organization with a proposal for Stage 1 opening. The experiences we hope to offer will be different than in previous years, but may give us an opportunity to open during stage 1 rather than wait until stage 2 or 3.
As soon as we have definite information and dates, we will make announcements on our website and all our social media platforms.
- What about those 2020 season’s passes we bought?
Our refund policy for Kayben Farms’ season’s passes purchased for the 2020 season is as follows:
- If we are able to open with our usual hours and experiences in May, the pass remains valid and no action is taken unless you request a full refund.
- If we are able to open with our usual hours and experiences on June 1, 2020 a refund of 1/6 of the purchase price will be given and your pass will remain valid for the balance of the 2020 season.
- If we are able to open with our usual hours and experiences on July 1, 2020 a refund of 1/3 of the purchase price will be given and your pass will remain valid for the balance of the 2020 season.
- If by August 1, 2020, if we have not been able to open with our usual hours and experiences, a full refund for the purchase price of your pass will be given.
- If you request a full refund before we open, it will be given and your pass will become invalid.
- If we are able to open this season, but cannot offer our typical hours and experiences, all purchased 2020 passes will be refunded and only the new experiences and programs will be available.
- When can we register our kids for day camps?
Another “we’re still working on it” answer. In mid March, we halted registration for our summer day camps. When we fully understand the requirements and feel we can meet them while still offering a delightful camp experience, we will open up registration again. As soon as we have more definite information and dates, we will make announcements on our website and all our social media platforms.
Thanks again for your questions and we hope to see you in person soon!