Albertans are invited to try something new this summer at an Alberta Park. Activities to discover this weekend include:
- Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park, July 16: Run at the Ranch, face painting, park interpreters, pony rides and more.
- Writing on Stone, July 16: Pancake breakfast, cake, and North West Mounted Police post tour and hike.
- Miquelon Lake, July 16: Scavenger hunt, Ranger Training Academy, face painting, pond dipping and butterfly catching.
- Sir Winston Churchill, July 16: Archaeological display and tour, geocaching, free BBQ and cake, face painting, raffle prizes and more.
- Moonshine Lake, July 16: Bug hunting, sand castle competition, nature activities and more.
- Fish Creek Provincial Park, Glennfield Day Use Area July 17: Fly fishing demos, kids’ entertainment, guided tours and more.
There are many more Parks Day events happening around Alberta. For more information, visit the Alberta Parks Events Page.
Every year, Alberta Parks’ 250 campgrounds attract more than 1.8 million summer campers. Alberta’s provincial parks provide a wide range of fun opportunities for visitors from around the world and Albertans alike.