Access to technology is important in today’s economy, and that’s exactly what IBM Canada Ltd. has provided to 15 Alberta’s Promise partner agencies across Alberta.
IBM Canada is a proud Alberta’s Promise partner committed to early childhood learning, education, and Aboriginal achievement. In 2014, the organization once again partnered with Alberta’s Promise to distribute 15 Young Explorer computer stations to deserving agencies across Alberta through IBM’s KidSmart Program. The workstations boast award-winning software in math, science and reading comprehension.
On behalf of all 15 recipient agencies, Alberta’s Promise extends a big thank you to Bernie Kollman, Dave Robitaille, Roy Hebert, and Liz Gildner from IBM Canada for making this partnership possible.
This September, IBM Canada and Alberta’s Promise will co-host an official partnership announcement in Lethbridge at the Opokaa’sin Early Intervention Society, one of the recipient agencies. The event will highlight the importance of investing in children’s education and will recognize all the partners involved in the partnership. The partnership and donation will also be featured as a top Canadian community investment example during IBM’s Global Education Month this September.
Look for more news about this amazing partnership in future Promise Bulletin editions, and look for the 2014 Young Explorer workstations at these organizations:
- ABC Head Start Society
- Association of High Prairie & District Children’s Resource Council
- Behaviour Therapy and Learning Centre Ltd.
- Saddle Lake Youth Centre
- Boys & Girls Club of Fort McMurray
- KARA Family Resource Centre – Northeast Edmonton Parent Link Centre
- Stepping Stones Day Care Society (Westside)
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary – Bowness
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary – Penbrooke
- Boys and Girls Club of Olds and Area
- Opokaa’sin Early Intervention Society
- Taber Child Care Centre Society
- Wabasca Desmarias Children’s Place Playschool
- Boys & Girls Club of Diamond Valley & District
- Boys & Girls Club of Diamond Valley & District (Saddlebrook/High River)