Crews begin major upgrades on Highway 547 Highwood River Bridge near Okotoks.
The work includes:
- Resurfacing the bridge with a new concrete deck and deck joints;
- Upgrading the guardrails to modern standards;
- Repairing abutments; and
- Re-paving the approaches to the bridge.
This work will extend the life of the bridge by another 25 years at a cost of $1.1 million and should be complete by October 30, weather permitting.
August 18 to October 30
Traffic will be reduced to one lane controlled by traffic lights, although flag persons may be used to reposition construction equipment and materials. Workers will be onsite from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days per week. Speed will be reduced to 60 km/h, except during concrete pours, when speed will be further reduced to 30 km/h. Motorists should expect minor delays.
- Fines for speeding double in construction zones.
- Motorists are reminded to obey all flag persons, signs and signals and watch for construction equipment.