The Town has received some GREAT feedback so far from residents as we take steps to create the Parks, Trails and Greenspaces 10-Year Plan. We appreciate the insightful comments and ideas everyone has shared so far; we’ve learned a lot about what you love about our open spaces and how you use them.
Some feedback so far includes the following:
- Most people use our greenspaces for running and jogging followed by relaxing and dog walking
- People strongly value our natural areas and place it as the #1 priority for the coming 10 years
- Respondents agree that parks and open spaces make an important contribution to the Town
- Respondents believe there are missing links and connections in the Happy Trail network
- There is support for increased enforcement of dog bylaws in on-leash areas
- A strong majority of respondents would like to see local raptor nesting sites protected
- Respondents would like to see more hiking trails, cross country ski trails and interpretive loops
- Most respondents are satisfied with maintenance of our open spaces
These are YOUR parks, trails and greenspaces! Please continue to share as your ideas, comments and suggestions will help form the new 10-year plan!
Remember, it is YOUR PLAY – YOUR WAY!
There is still time to complete the survey. For more information, contact the Town of High River Planning Department: 403-652-2110.