High River, AB: The Town of High River has launched a new emergency preparedness website, www.HRready.ca, to help residents and businesses stay informed and prepared for future emergencies.
“We want to encourage residents to be ready for any type of disaster,” said Carly Benson, emergency management coordinator for the Town. “The new website will work in conjunction Alberta Emergency Alert, High River Alert, social media, the outdoor sirens and other communication channels to provide the most up-to-date information.”
Launching HRready.ca is part of the Town’s ongoing work to enhance its emergency management program. The new website is designed to handle the heavy website traffic experienced during an emergency.
The new website’s design is streamlined and lightweight to allow for fast load times, as well as being mobile friendly and following current best practices for emergency communication. Should the municipal website fail during a severe event, HRready.ca can be used as the main information portal for the Town.
Key features of the site include maps and links to road closures, current warnings and open reception centres.
Other features include:
- Breaking news related to emergencies or disasters
- Emergency phone numbers and email addresses to connect with the Town
- Live feeds of Town social media accounts
- Information and resources on being prepared
- Details and maps on current flood mitigation in High River
- Link to the Canadian Red Cross with disaster preparedness tips for your family
- Subscribe information for the High River ALERT system
View the new emergency preparedness website today at www.HRready.ca.