Help is out there. Knowing where to find it when you need it makes a difference.
The following is a small sample of available services. For further resources, refer to the Community Support or Support Groups section of this website. Or search online for services in your region – or consult your doctor, pharmacist, teacher, or guidance counsellor. The blue pages and the yellow pages of your phone book also provide information on finding help.
- Addictions Foundation of Manitoba: afm.mb.ca
- Alberta Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission: http://www.aadac.com
- Alcoholics Anonymous: http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse: http://www.ccsa.ca
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: http://www.camh.net
- Drug and Alcohol Registry of Treatment: http://www.dart.on.ca
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868, kidshelp.sympatico.ca
- Klinic Community Health Centre: http://www.klinic.mb.ca
- The Motherisk Program: http://www.motherisk.org
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2017. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Addictions-Close-Up
All material © 1996-2017 MediResource Inc. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.