Fire Ban Lifted & Water Restrictions Change In Black Diamond & Turner Valley

The Towns of Turner Valley and Black Diamond wish to announce that effective 12:00 a.m. August 8, 2014 the water restriction level will change from Level III to Level II.

At the same time the fire ban will be lifted and will remain so until further notice. 

The water sources that have been brought on-line to date have been proven to be safe and sustainable in order to support an ease in the water restriction.  This is in relation to Turner Valley’s Water Use and Conservation Bylaw 14-1036 and Black Diamond’s Water Use and Conservation Bylaw 14-14.

The raw water reservoir is currently at 67% capacity, the goal is to be at 100% prior to the onset of winter. We continue to ask our residents to help and continue to use water cautiously to avoid having to return to the Level III restrictions.

Exception permits for new sod/grass watering and commercial site specific operations will be available at each Town Office on August 8, 2014 during regular business hours.

Level II

Mandatory Conservation Watering Schedule

All outdoor water use including watering lawns, washing vehicles, sidewalks, pads, exteriors of building, filling of hot tubs/jacuzzis, recreational use of sprinklers and like water toys, is restricted to the following schedule:

ODD AND EVEN WATERING DAYS:  Using the last number of your address (odd or even) determines which days you are permitted outdoor water use:

ODD:    numbered addresses may use water for these purposes Thursdays and Sundays

EVEN:  numbered addresses may use water for these purposes Wednesday and Saturdays

WATERING:  may occur only on such permitted days during the following hours:

6:00 am – 9:00 am; and 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm

Flowerbeds and vegetable gardens may be watered by hand, during the prescribed times, using a watering can or hose with a nozzle trigger shut off to restrict water flow.

Requests for site and condition specific irrigation scheduling for commercial or industrial operations using a metered irrigation system may be approved in writing by the CAO.

Requests for water conservation exemption permit for newly seeded lawns or freshly planted sod may be applied for at the Municipal Office.