November 5, 2015 (8:15 a.m.) at the Sheraton Cavalier Calgary Hotel.
(EDMONTON) – The Honourable David Eggen, Minister of Education, will address delegates at the College of Alberta School Superintendents (CASS) Fall Conference: Issues & Solutions 2015 which will be held at the Sheraton Cavalier Calgary Hotel (2620 32 Ave NE, Calgary) from November 4 – 6, 2015. Minister Eggen will speak from 8.15 – 9.00 am on Thursday, November 5.
Other conference highlights include:
- Dr. Avis Glaze, founder of Edu-quest International Inc., will be the keynote speaker to open the conference on Wednesday, November 4 at 7.00 pm. Dr. Glaze is recognized as an international leader in the field of education and has served as Education Commissioner and Senior Advisor to the Minister of Education for the Ontario Ministry of Education. Dr. Glaze will also facilitate the CASS Leadership Learning Network Pre-Conference to be held the day of November 4. Registrations for the pre-conference have sold out.
- A five person panel discussion will take place November 4 following the presentation by Dr. Glaze. The panel members are superintendents from across Canada who are members of the C21 – Canadians for 21ST Century Learning & Innovation CEO Academy.
- CASS President John Waterhouse will address delegates on leadership excellence and the opportunity for CASS members to become involved in the development of a System Leader Practice Standard as part of the mandate of the Teaching & Leadership Excellence Advisory Committee chaired by Deputy Minister Rosen.
- Twenty facilitated discussions will take place on November 5 & 6 and will focus on Human Resources, Education Leadership, Mental Health & Wellbeing and Inclusion.
- An “Ed Camp” is scheduled for November 6. Delegates will participate in conversations, sharing best practices and problem solving on issues that have been brought forward by the delegates themselves.
Available on the CASS website are:
- The ‘Program at a Glance,’ providing start times for all sessions, is available on the CASS website.
- A detailed conference program booklet includes biographies of the keynote speakers.
Approximately 240 delegates, representing system leaders from public, separate, francophone, charter and First Nations school authorities and Alberta Education, will be attending the Fall Conference, making it the highest attended fall conference for CASS to date.