HIGH RIVER, AB: Work on phase two of the downtown reconstruction program is scheduled to begin mid-June, after streetscape finishing is completed on 4 Avenue S.W. The reconstruction program is needed in order to replace underground utilities that were damaged in the June 2013 flood.
Phase two of the program will focus mainly on:
- 1 Street S.W. between 4 and 6 Avenue S.W.
- 5 Avenue S.W. between Macleod Trail and 1 Street S.W.
Construction will be conducted in stages to minimize disruptions to traffic, pedestrians and businesses.
- Stage 1: 1 Street S.W. between 4 and 5 Avenues S.W.
- Stage 2: 1 Street S.W. between 5 and 6 Avenue S.W.
- Stage 3: 5 Avenue S.W. between Macleod Trail and 1 Street S.W.
Once a stage is complete, the road will be reopened to vehicles and pedestrians, and the next stage will begin. The final paving for all stages will be completed at the end of the project. All work is anticipated to be completed by fall 2015 (weather dependent).
Drivers and pedestrians are asked to obey posted signage and watch for heavy equipment and vehicles working in the area.
Vehicle and RV access to George Lane Memorial Park will be maintained throughout construction.
The Town continues to work with CP Rail to establish additional parking in the downtown and area.