To minimize the risk and spread of COVID-19, Alberta Environment and Parks is implementing temporary facility access restrictions.
“Given recent recommendations from Alberta’s chief medical officer of health, we feel it is in the best interest of prospective visitors, staff and volunteers to implement temporary facility access restrictions at some Alberta Parks sites. We will continue to monitor the situation and encourage everyone to follow the guidelines found at alberta.ca/COVID19.”Jason Nixon, Minister of Environment and Parks
Alberta Health continues to monitor the situation closely. Please visit alberta.ca/COVID19 for daily updates.
Closures and restrictions
- Effective March 13, Bow Habitat Station is temporarily closed. The Sam Livingston Fish Hatchery will continue operations, however, public tours are suspended.
- Effective March 13, Canmore Nordic Centre will restrict access to the day lodge. Access to ticket purchases and washroom facilities is permitted.
- Effective March 13, William Watson Lodge will restrict access to the main lodge to individual check-in and check out.
- Effective March 14, the Cypress Hills Provincial Park ski hill is closed for the season.
- Alberta Parks will continue to assess all facilities and events against Alberta Health Services guidelines.