Contest Rules and How to Enter
We are looking for great photos of you and your family and friends fishing responsibly on lakes, in rivers and in streams while enjoying Alberta’s great outdoors. Show us family fun, your favourite place to escape from the everyday, or the one that didn’t get away!
Entering is easy. Tag your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #catchalbertacontest and you’re done!
Note: One entry per account per day, and only the first photo of each day will be entered to win.
Winners and Prizes
The top 20 entries with the most likes on Instagram will be entered to win one of two prize packs. From these 20 entries, the winners will be selected via a random draw.
Two winners will be selected to receive one of two prize packs – each valued at $100:
- Family Fishing prize pack (includes two passes to Bow Habitat Station, a youth fishing rod, waterproof wallet, folding ruler (for measuring your tiny fish), fish-shaped keychain, fish ID tags and two sizes of fishing spoons (from the Keeping Fish in our Future group))
- Alberta Parks Picnic prize pack ( includes a 4-in-1 blanket, cooler, licence plate holder, tumbler or water bottle and two sizes of fishing spoons (from the Keeping Fish in our Future group))
Don’t forget to be a responsible angler:
- Know the regulations for the limit and species for each season.
- Know how to identify fish to better follow the regulations.
- Handle fish with care to help them survive after they have been released back into the water.
- Use barbless hooks to cause less damage to fish when catch-and-release fishing.