Carbon Monoxide Dangers

Okotoks residents can book a free home fire safety inspection


The Okotoks Fire Department receives an influx of calls regarding carbon monoxide during the winter when we experience very cold temperatures with an abundance of snow. This contributes to a risk factor, but residents should be careful at all times during the year.

Best way to stay safe is to have a carbon monoxide detector installed according to the manufactures instructions and ensure the batteries are checked and changed regularly. As well, you should have all of your fuel-burning appliances checked annually.

Make sure you and your family are safe by booking a free home fire safety inspection from your local Okotoks Fire Department.  Book your appointment today by calling 403-938-4066. Learn more