Parks Canada invites visitors to the Bar U Ranch National Historic Site for Canada Day
10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.:
- Post Office Calgary International Pin Club, Pin Trading
- Roving Band Allan & Arnell
- Post Office – Flag Raising Ceremony and Cake
11:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.:
- Harness Repair Shop – Leather Crafts
- Cook House – Face Painting; Butter Making
- Dairy Barn – Hometown Heroes Activities
- Tractor Shed – Case LA Tractor Demonstrations
- Blacksmith Shop – Black Smith Demonstrations; Horse Shoeing Demonstrations
The Bar U Ranch offers you a chance to explore a unique part of Canada’s history. Canada Day festivities include an old-fashioned country celebration with cake, flagraising ceremony and family fun, including wagon rides, living history demonstrations, horses and authentic western hospitality around the campfire.
For more information on hours of operation and visitor experiences, please check out our website at: www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/ab/baru/visit/visit1.aspx
As we near the 150th anniversary of Confederation in 2017, the Government invites all Canadians to experience the outdoors and learn more about our environment and history this summer.
Canada’s national parks and historic sites enable Canadians to experience our remarkable natural heritage and rich history in a special way and will play a big part in the celebration of Canada 150 – just one year away!