In the past couple of days, staff members at Calgary Police Headquarters began reporting a presence of suspicious creatures and shadowy figures lurking along the corridors.
Constable Mark Smith initiated an investigation and found the culprits to be a Psyduck and a Weedle. The #Psyduck was safely captured into a Poké Ball but #Weedle managed to escape and is still on the loose.
Since the official launch of the Pokemon Go app, we have responded to a number of calls involving Pokemon trainers throughout #Calgary. Thankfully, the majority of these calls were not serious in nature. If you #GottaCatchEmAll, please heed these safety messages.
• If you #GottaCatchEmAll use common sense and be aware of your surroundings in the real world.
• Don’t jaywalk and when legally crossing the street, be vigilant of traffic and other pedestrians.
• Don’t trespass on private property while playing the app.
• Be aware of your surroundings where other people may be looking for opportunities to commit a crime.
• Be cognizant when searching for Pokemon around residential areas and respectful of residents.
• If threatened by other persons, try to leave the area and call 9-1-1.
• Don’t drive while using the app.
• (Parents) Talk to your children and remind them about their personal safety.
• Be cautious about accepting private Pokemon transportation offers from strangers and understand the risks involved.
• It’s never worth breaking the law, even to catch a Pokemon.