Friday June 17, 2016, 1:30 to 5:00 pm
Bar U Ranch
Join us for an afternoon to learn about bear safety. This workshop is targeted specifically at safety concerns for southwestern Alberta farm and ranch owners, workers, and family members (all ages welcome) as they go about their daily routines, living and working in close proximity with grizzly and black bears.
- how to minimize attractants around your ranch and yard
- how to avoid bear encounters
- what to do when you do encounter a bear
- how to correctly identify dangerous bear behaviour
- how to respond appropriately
Get hands-on practice using bear spray and take home a can of bear spray for your family to use (limited number available).
Beverages and snacks will be provided.
Dress for the weather – bear spray practice will be outdoors.
Thanks to our generous supporters there is no cost for this workshop, however pre-registration is required. Please register by June 13, 2016. To register contact Berry Urban at Southern Alberta Land Trust:
403-652-9998 or email@example.com