April Fool’s Day can be a day for pranksters but many consider it unlucky.
- It was once believed that those who wed on April 1st would never be able to trust their spouse or that a man who married on April 1st would always play second fiddle to his wife.
- In farming communities it was believed any crops sown on April 1st would fail.
- Children born on April 1st were thought to be unlucky and would grow up out of control.
- Anyone who had been made an April fool and lost their temper could cause them bad luck in the future.
- However, a positive prediction says that if a bachelor was fooled by a pretty girl on April 1st that meant he would marry her.
April Fool’s Day Rules:
1. Do No Harm (and nothing illegal)
2. No Pranks After Noon
April fool’s gone past,
You’re the biggest fool at last;
When April fool comes again,
You’ll be the biggest fool then.
Did you Know?
- Apple Computer was founded on April Fool’s Day, 1976
- April 1, 2004 was when Google debuted Gmail
Check out these websites for more fun trivia: