Okotoks Premier Volunteer Recognition Event!
The 2020 nomination period is now open!
THE 2020 NOMINATION DEADLINE IS: Friday, February 28, 2020
Volunteerism creates a vibrant community, and each year we recognize this with The Annual Leadership Awards, in conjunction with National Volunteer Week. Established in 1996, this community-focused volunteer recognition event celebrates the contributions and accomplishments of outstanding volunteers in our community. The awards promote the value of volunteering and serve as an inspiration for others to embrace community involvement and become volunteers.
- Leaders of Tomorrow recognizes outstanding young people who have made exceptional contributions and demonstrate leadership, energy, commitment, character and devotion to helping others.
- Heart of Okotoks Award recognizes individuals, families, groups and businesses who demonstrate leadership, passion and commitment toward creating a healthy and vibrant community, and who serve as inspiration to others.
Be a champion for your favourite volunteer(s). Nominate someone who inspires you and is making a difference in our community.
The Leadership Awards would not be possible without the ongoing commitment of our partners: Okotoks Rotary Club and the Western Wheel.
Recipients of the award be invited to attend the Leadership Awards event as a special guest. At this event they will be celebrated, and their accomplishments highlighted.
*Exciting Opportunity!* The High School recipient of the Leaders of Tomorrow Award will also receive a $500 bursary to attend the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards in Chestermere from May 9-12, 2020. This is a three day conference and an amazing learning experience.
Everyone nominated for a Leadership Award receives recognition. All nominees will receive a nomination certificate and package, have their name published in the Okotoks Western Wheel during National Volunteer Week, and will have the option to purchase a ticket for the Leadership Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, April 22, 2020. In addition, they will receive an invitation to volunteer at the 2020 Seniors Celebration on Friday June 5, 2020.
Leaders of Tomorrow Award
Recognizing outstanding youth volunteers aged 18 years and younger attending school in Okotoks. Three youth individuals are recognized each year for their energy, commitment, leadership and character. Categories are:
- Elementary School
- Junior High School
- Senior High School
A student that exhibits leadership, dedication and excellence in any field of volunteer work including school, community, athletics and fine art and inspires the spirit of volunteerism in others. Nominations can be submitted by individuals, community groups, churches, schools and voluntary organizations.
Heart of Okotoks Award
Recognizing exceptional leadership through volunteering. Categories include:
- Individual (over 18)
- Group (a group that exceeds more than one person, i.e. family, sports, business, etc.)
Volunteers who have made outstanding contributions to the Okotoks community through their efforts as a volunteer. This awards category demonstrates leadership, passion and commitment for creating a healthy and vibrant community and serves as an inspiration for others.
Nominate a Volunteer
Nominations must meet all guidelines and criteria to be considered.
- Provide a profile of the individual/group/organization being nominated that answers the following (maximum of 600 words per question);
- How does the volunteer(s) lead, develop and strengthen volunteerism in their community?
- What impact does the volunteer(s) have in their community?
- Please describe/tell us about the the volunteer’s involvement with other volunteer activities.
- Letters of support may be attached to the nomination.
- Complete the online nomination form which includes:
- The nominee has agreed to be nominated for the Annual Volunteer Leadership Awards and if selected as a recipient, will be available to attend the Awards Ceremony on the evening of Wednesday, April 22, 2020. Please note: nominees will be contacted once their nomination has been received to confirm their availability to attend the Awards Ceremony.
- Nominator consent to use of their name, photograph and nomination package to be used in any promotional material for the Annual Volunteer Leadership Awards.
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
If you need an alternate way to submit your nomination form other than online, please contact the Volunteer Administrator at email@example.com or 403 938 8936.