Edmonton – Alberta RCMP’s Missing Persons and Unidentified Human Remains Unit is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying three individuals whose remains have been discovered in Alberta over the past 40 years.
Unidentified Female #1
· Last seen alive: Before 1975
· Remains found: 1985 in Hinton, Alta.
· Possible Indigenous ancestry
· Estimated:16-30 years of age
Contact the Hinton RCMP 780-865-2455 or visit www.canadasmissing.ca
· Last seen alive: Between 2008-August 2013
· Remains found: September 2013 at the Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, Kananaskis Country, Alta.
· Possible Asian ancestry
· Estimated: 25-40 years of age
· 5’3” – 5’7” tall
· There are some signs of malnutrition or anemia at some point in life. He has strong muscle development on the arm and leg bones which may indicate that he performed some type of repetitive motion, for example canoeing.
Contact the Kananaskis RCMP 403-591-7707 or visit www.canadasmissing.ca
Unidentified Female #2
· Last seen alive: Sometime between 1980 and 1985
· Remains found: April 1995 near Carbon, Alta.
· Estimated: 23-40 years of age
· 5’ – 5’3” tall
· She has had multiple dental fillings and may have had children. She had suffered from repetitive fevers.
Contact the Drumheller RCMP 403-823-7590 or visit www.canadasmissing.ca
It is important to note that the reconstructions and sketches prepared by the Alberta RCMP are based on our best estimates of what the person looked like, their age at death, ancestry, and other physical characteristics.
Alberta RCMP are asking for the public’s assistance with any information they have related to these cases. If you have information to share with us, please contact the above mentioned RCMP detachments or your municipal police service. You can also provide your information through the Canada’s Missing website at www.canadasmissing.ca. Your information will then be forwarded to the Alberta RCMP’s Missing Persons Unit.