Mental Health Week, May 4-10, 2015
Each year, more than 500,000 Albertans visit a doctor about their mental health. Taking care of your health means taking care of your mind too.
Engaging in physical activity, eating healthy foods, practicing gratitude and having fun are all small steps that can improve your mental health and help to reduce stress.
During Mental Health Week, May 4-10, Alberta Health Services wants to remind you to take care of yourself and remember small steps can make a big difference.
AHS’s Ways to Wellness gives you ideas to help you take care of your mental well-being.
- Physical activity can improve your mood.
Eat healthy foods
- What we eat can affect how we feel. Eat healthy to feel healthy.
- Showing kindness can help you and others feel good.
- Appreciating yourself can have a positive impact on your mental health.
- Being grateful can help you develop a positive outlook on life.
Get your groove on
- Music soothes the soul.
- Laughter is medicine for the mind and helps to reduce stress and tension.
Try these simple steps and challenge your family, friends, co-workers and yourself to better health and wellness.
Start now and take AHS’s Mental Health Week Ways to Wellness Challenge from May 4 – 10 visit: http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/9909.asp.
Follow us and tell us what you are doing for your mental health and well-being:
- Twitter: AHS_behealthy #AHSMHW15
- Facebook: Alberta Health Services
For more information or help contact Mental Health Help Line toll-free at 1-877-303-2642, 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Source Alberta Health Services, Addiction and Mental Health