Alberta Health Services (AHS) is having a year-long wellness campaign called What’s your balance? Since many waking hours are spent at work- what you eat at work can have a big impact on your health and energy levels. If you are looking for ways to get more balance in your eating habits, try one or more of these small changes.
A nutrient-packed breakfast will help you get through the morning. How can you boost the fibre and protein in your breakfast?
- Choose whole grain cereals, breads and tortillas.
- Look for cereals and breads that have two grams or more of fibre per serving.
- Try items such as yogurt, cheese, meat, eggs, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, or cooked beans or lentils.
- On a break, go for a brisk 10 minute walk.
- Aim to get enough sleep, most adults need 7–9 hours.
- Choose water to drink
- Connect with others. Chat with a co-worker who is also on break.
By taking some small steps, you can improve the balance in your eating to create healthy habits for a lifetime. Spread the word and challenge your friends! Post a video or photo of how you maintain balance! Share through social media #AHSwhatsyourbalance