Congratulations to the recipients of this year’s President’s Excellence Awards!
Selected from a record 138 nominations, these 21 award recipients demonstrate the highest standards in innovation, collaboration and patient-centred care.
Stay tuned to this page and AHS social media in the week to come for more information on our recipients. We encourage you to congratulate all our recipients and nominees by using the hashtag #AHSprezawards.
Thank you to everyone who made a nomination. You can learn more about the President’s Excellence Awards categories below. Award recipients will receive a certificate of acknowledgement, a pin and celebratory luncheon with the President and CEO and senior leaders.
President’s Excellence Awards Recipients for 2018
Outstanding Achievement in Patient- and Family-Centred Care
Outstanding Achievement in People Excellence
- Community Engagement and Communications
- EMS Psychological Health and Safety Committee
- Young Medical Minds Educational Institute (Camrose)
Outstanding Achievement in Service Excellence
- Clinical Support Rural Applications Team
- Edmonton Zone Form 10 Improvement Team
- Rockyview General Hospital Replacement of Sugar Sweetened Beverages Initiative
Outstanding Achievement in Innovation and Research Excellence
- Alberta Children’s Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- Alberta Provincial Pediatric EnTeric Infection TEam (APPETITE)
- Alberta’s Fracture Liaison Service Team
Outstanding Achievement in Quality Improvement
- Addiction & Mental Health School-Based Services Team
- Commitment to Comfort QI Collaborative Team
- Starting Dialysis on Time at Home on the Right Therapy (START)
Lifetime Achievement (AHS staff or physician)
Lifetime Achievement (volunteer)