Do you have a chronic condition like diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, high blood pressure, obesity, chronic pain or others?
Join this program to:
- Learn to manage your symptoms better
- Discover tips to manage your day-to-day activities
- Get support from others with long-term health problems
- Share you experiences and help others
About the Better Choices, Better Health – Online Program
- It is a 6 week, highly interactive, online workshop
- Workshops are led by two trained peer facilitators
- Participants are organized into small groups of about 25
- Participants log on at their convenience approximately 2 to 3 times per week.
- The total time commitment is about 2 hours a week.
- New lessons are posted each week for participants to complete
- Workshop topics include:how to handle pain and fatigue
- medication management
- dealing with emotions
- healthy eating and activity
- problem solving
- goal setting
- communicating with health care providers
This is a program for residents of Alberta who are 18 years or older.
To register click here
Read more here about the program from those who are working in it or as participants.