Could your outdoor living space use an upgrade? Refresh your home and give yourself a reason to spend more time enjoying the nice weather with these tips.
- Start with an area rug. Adding a water-resistant outdoor area rug to your patio or deck is an easy and affordable way change the look the look and feel of your backyard. If you have a larger space, a rug can also help define and separate a conversation spot from the dining area.
- Grow a vertical garden. If you’re short on space or simply want to showcase your plants, flowers or herbs creatively, try a vertical garden. Lock a wooden ladder in the open position and stack planters on each step for a charming, cottage-chic vibe. Or hang an over-the-door shoe-holder and tuck soil and greenery in the compartments for a laid-back look. You can even lean a wood pallet or old shutters against wall and secure pots at various heights for a trendy, upcycled aesthetic.
- Add some rustic warmth. Keep on using your outdoor oasis even on those cool nights by incorporating a DIY fire-pit into your yard. It’s surprisingly easy to do by arranging curved paving stones in a circle. Look for a tree ring kit at your local home improvement store that can be assembled in 20 minutes. Just make sure you set it on concrete and not any flammable surface.
- Fake a poolside retreat. Want to recreate that cabana you lounged in on your last vacation? Hang some sheer white curtains around your porch or awning for your own personal breezy escape that offers privacy from the neighbours. Set up some lounge chairs or a make a day bed out of wood pallets and lots of throw pillows.
- Take plenty of pictures. This can help you see how things are looking from a distance and decide the best placement for your furniture and décor. Use a camera that offers a variety of settings, like the one on the Huawei P30 Pro that lets you take ultra-wide-angle photos and has a macro and zoom lens. Taking photographs of your finished space is also good for insurance purposes, just in case anything gets damaged in a summer storm.
Find more information at huawei.com.