June 16 at 5 p.m.
Hospitalization rates remain low with 36 people in hospital, seven of whom are in intensive care. In total, 6,882 Albertans have recovered from COVID-19.
- 35 new cases bring the number of total active cases to 449.
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- Calgary zone: 208 active cases and 4,786 recovered
- South zone: 23 active cases and 1,244 recovered
- Edmonton zone: 190 active cases and 529 recovered
- North zone: 26 active cases and 226 recovered
- Central zone: two active cases and 85 recovered
- Zero active cases and 12 recovered cases in zones to be confirmed
- Additional information, including case totals, is online.
- To date, 633 cases have an unknown exposure.
- So far, labs have performed 349,836 tests on 312,351 Albertans, with 6,587 tests completed in the last 24 hours.
- There are no new deaths to report.
- Deaths total 151: 111 in the Calgary zone; 16 in the North zone; 13 in the Edmonton zone; 10 in the South zone; and one in the Central zone.
- There are 28 active cases and 704 recovered cases at continuing care facilities; 116 facility residents have died.
- Good hygiene is the most important measure to prevent respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19.
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds, avoid touching your face, cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve, and dispose of tissues appropriately.
- Albertans are asked to share acts of kindness they have experienced in their community during this difficult time by using the hashtag #AlbertaCares.
- The Alberta Connects Contact Centre (310-4455) is available to Albertans Monday to Friday, from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.