HIGH RIVER, AB: There will be several road closures and lane restrictions throughout the downtown the week of May 2 related to the new provincial building and phase three of downtown construction. (See map below)
Provincial building :
- Road closure on 4 Avenue S.W. between 1 Street and Macleod Trail
- Lane modification and no parking on Macleod Trail S.W. between 4 and 5 Avenues
- Both beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, May 2 and complete by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, May 3.
Downtown Phase 3:
- Road closure on 6 Avenue S.W began on April 25 – Work is anticipated to take approximately four weeks to complete, weather permitting.
- Road closure on Macleod Trial S.W. between 4 to 5 Avenues will be closed starting on Thursday, May 5 for approximately one week to 10 days. This includes a closure of the intersection at 6 Avenue and Macleod Trail S.W.
- Access to George Lane Park will remain open via 5 Avenue S.W. and all other traffic will be detoured down 1 Street S.W.
- Visit the public forum page at www.highriver.ca to learn more about Downtown Phase 3
Drivers and pedestrians are asked to obey construction signage and use caution when moving through these areas.