Beginning today pet owners can now use The City of Calgary’s new online Animal Services site pets.calgary.ca to license their pets. This new site is easier to use both the first time and for future licence renewals or if changes are needed to your current pet licence.
“A pet’s licence is their ticket home if they ever become lost, and we want to make it as easy as possible to reunite the pet with their owner,” says Ryan Jestin, director of Calgary Community Standards. “The new site is intuitive and easy-to-use and includes new features such as different payment methods and the ability to sign-up for automatic renewals and reminder notifications.”
To access these new features pet owners can register by creating a myID personal account, if they don’t have one already. Once signed in the new licensing site includes:
- The opportunity to purchase or renew a pet licence online;
- Interac is now available online;
- Pet owners can make changes to an existing pet licence;
- Go paperless;
- Order a replacement pet tag online if a tag is lost;
- Receive reminders about renewing a pet license by email;
- Sign-up for automatic renewal payments; and
- Update contact information online.
Pet licensing supports The City’s mission to create safe and healthy neighbourhoods for people and their pets. Fees from pet licensing are used to shelter and feed lost dogs and cats, educate the public about responsible pet ownership, and reunite lost cats and dogs with their owners. The success of The City’s licensing program for all pets over three months of age means Calgary has the highest rate of return to owner for lost pets in North America.