Albertans will have the opportunity to share their ideas and priorities about the economy and the upcoming Budget 2016 directly with Premier Rachel Notley and Finance Minister Joe Ceci.
Two telephone town hall meetings, planned for March 15 and 16, will provide Albertans the opportunity to ask questions and participate in interactive live polling.
“We know many hardworking Albertans, families and businesses are facing serious challenges due to the collapse of oil prices. It is important to hear directly from Albertans as we deliver our plan to support jobs and families through this downturn and emerge stronger than ever.”
Rachel Notley, Premier of Alberta
“Many things in Alberta’s economic and financial outlook have changed significantly since the last budget. This is another opportunity for Albertans to share their thoughts, ideas and priorities as we face this new economic reality.”
Joe Ceci, President of Treasury Board and Finance Minister
How it works
- The telephone town halls will be held from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. reaching residents in
-Northern Alberta on Tuesday, March 15
-Southern Alberta on Wednesday, March 16
- Publicly listed telephone numbers, that are not on the National Do Not Call list, will be dialed and invited to participate in the call.
- Those who want a guaranteed place on the call may register online in advance.
- Cellphone users and other interested participants may dial into the call 1-877-229-8493 (event code 114591) 10 minutes before the start of the town hall, or they can register online to be called.
- Albertans may also listen, submit questions, and answer poll questions online.
- The 90-minute call will be moderated. A question and answer period will follow after opening remarks.
- No personal information will be saved or used by the Government of Alberta.
The information gathered will help inform Budget 2016. The budget will be released April 14.